Wednesday, 30 June 2010

New Beginnings



You know what they say... as one door opens, another one closes.
I had my last day at work today... a job I only started in November of last year.
I realy didn't think I'd be changing so soon... and I wouldn't have, if it wasn't for the fact that my boss was leaving the firm and asked me to go with her guess that means I did something right! LOL).

I wrote about change a few days ago, and I guess I only realized now that oddly enough, change has been the one constant in my life. As contradicting as that might sound, I have pretty muched changed all my life. Changed schools, changed neighbourhoods, changed school friends, changed countries I've lived in... even changed continents!
That's a lot of change... and not the good kind, that sits in your pocket either!

I guess you could say that change has made me who I am today. I mean, all that movement and alterations have caused me to adapt. I just turn a new leaf and start over. Good-byes no lnger carry that drammatic significance anymore. When you're so used to good-byes, they just become the same after a while and loose their mening, in a way.
I guess if you had to use an adjective to describe me "adapter" (ie, one who adapts) would be a good one.

So... a new door opens for me, as walk my way through another chapter in my career, and take on a new job. Well, same job, just different workplace. One old boss, some new. Old tasks, many new.
I have yet to know what is on the other side of that "door", but tomorrow I find out.
Wish me luck!!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm now going to try to comment on the blog, here. OK.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes with the new challenges and opportunities Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best of luck at your new workplace.....

    You ARE good at change, much better than I am...the last job i left, i bawled my eyes out upon my departure...just putting my stuff in a cardboard box made me cry! I'm such a baby! I get so attached, it's so hard to say goodbye.

    But I can definitely see how doing it more frequently would help me in that department.

    It seems like just yesterday you started this job, and now here you go AGAIN on yet ANOTHER new adventure! You go girl! always kickin ass and takin names...I swear! :)

    xoxo
    ~hl~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww heather!!!!
    Yeah, you know that's me... I do kick ass
    hahahah

    Anyways, thanks for the support guys!
    lova yas!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?