Saturday, 14 August 2010

Letting your mind run...

Have you ever fantasized about random people you cross in the street or see in a restaurant or on the subway?

Everyday on my way to work i get off at the same subway stop and for the past week or so, I've seen this same couple on the platform, sitting on the bench, just chatting.
There would be nothing strange about this scenario if it wasn't for the fact that you'd assume that people waiting on the platform were there specifically to wait for the train and step on it, as it arrives.
So... how come the train come and goes, and they're still there sitting on that bench? And I see them rather closely... all huddles up talking, looking at one another, right in the eyes.

I stardard fantasizing to what their circumstance is, about hy they decide to rendez-vous in an undergound subway station rather than on the street in a cafè or at the park, for example.
Maybe they're having an affair and want to keep away from the streets and onlookers. Maybe they have something to hide! ecretly meeting under ground where no one they know can see them...

Or maybe they just like to get to the subway station early so that they have some time to hang out before going to work... but why hang out underground in a humid, hot subway station rather than outdoors, at street level.

What ever their reason.. I find it really curious!

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing. i just love people, their stories, the details of lives completely other than my own...

    It reminds me of my fave (and really the only) "antique" purchases I make: old postcards that were actually mailed. I love to find wonderful snippets of lives from long ago ~ it's so fascinating to me to wonder about the circumstances, who the writer and recipients were, and where they are (if still alive) now!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?