Monday, 9 August 2010

Oh My Choc!!

Well... it was me against the Chocolate... and I think I won! don't you??

The task at hand: a chocolate birthday cake for a 12 year old boy.
Guests: 11 (2 of which, kids)

This was the first time I tried this recipe and I must say, the outcome was rather yummy! Not too sweet, nice and rich and smooth frosting, very soft cake texture.
I had fun decorating too...

One tip: Do not try to remove the cake from the cake tin before it's cooled down some... or you end up breaking it liek I did!!
Good job I managed to cover the disaster with the frosting!!
I'm such a baking amature.... can you tell!?! LOL

Anywho... I think I'm going to try this one next.

4 comments:

  1. I am an eating machine lately, and just the words Chocolate Cake themselves are making me swoon! Yummmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL i was just reading your blog!!

    You have no idea how hard it was not to divour that cake...
    I had a stomach bug so i had to avoid chocolate... it was awful! lol
    Do you bake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. are u looking for tasters ? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... if you're offering, why not! But like I told Tim, I don't guarrantee on shipment!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?