Wednesday, 13 October 2010

I heart the 80s

You know how certain fashion trends, fads, icons or accessories come back to fashion years later? Well... not sure if you've noticed but... brace yourselves.... the 80s are BACK!

G. and I went to an 80s-themed party on Saturday night... and it was "fancy dress". Can you imagine digging into your closet looking for those gawd-awful terrible clothes you so desired and swooned over back in highschool??
I'll tell ya.. my outfit was PERFECT! I even had the hair and shades to match! Too bad I didn't have a scrunchie! That would have just been the "RAD"! Hahaha... even the language has evolved since then, thankfully, might I add!

Anyway.. as much as you all want to cringe and fake it... you all know you LOVED the 80s... BIG hair, BRIGHT makeup, LOUD coloured, colour-CLASHING t-shirts... and the awesome awesome music!
It was just a fun fun night... and it was so cool to see everyone made an effort and dressed in theme!

2 comments:

  1. plus the eighties brought us John Hughes and Sixteen Candles...and the unrealistic ideal that is Jake Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha OMG Jen I loved that movie!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?