Monday, 18 October 2010

An update, of sorts...

While I'm not out partying and reliving "good ole' days", I'm at home working on making this house a home.

G. and I have been putting off decorating the bedroom since the summer.
We've had the paint we bought for the bedroom sitting in our spare room since August. We've been meaning to paint the bedroom wall since the summer and of course have never gotten round to it.

We bought all the equipment, compared colour schemes and picked the colour. Friday I sat G. down and told him that there was no running away from it this week end. It was gonna be us against the bedroom wall! I'm a girl on a mission!

And so fun morning began... we applied the first coat Saturday and 2nd coat on Sunday.
It wasn't as messy as I thought it'd be and we actually had fun and managed to finish pretty quickly! It didn't even stink too much either and by bed time we were able to sleep in the room.

As if that wasn't enough to keep us busy, I also promised G.'s sister I'd bake cupcakes for her son's (G's nephew) birthday party. So rather than sit and watch the paint dry (literally!) I pulled out my recipe book and food processor and whipped up the cupcake mix and about an hour later.... voilà!!

This time I decided to streth out of my comfort zone and venture with a piping bag for my very first time! The outcome was far from perfect... but not a complete failure either... don't you think?? Needless to say, there were no leftovers!


As to the bedroom.... Ta-daaaaa! After the 2nd coat was all done, this was the outcome... How does it look?



In other news... groceries, lunch, couch potatoing, tidying... not necessarily in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?